Admin

Pictoral History of School Site

History, in pictures, of the Lowell/Perkins School Site

Lowell 1953
This was the view of Lowell (now Perkins) in 1953. The view is from the corner of Beardsley Street and Newton Ave. This is what the school looked like from it's opening in 1942 until it's reconstruction in 1958.

Lowell 1956
This is another view of Lowell Elementary School. The main entrance to the school was located on Newton Avenue. This picture was taken in 1956.

Lowell 1960
During the 1958-1959 school year the school was reconstructed. Students were temporarily placed at Emerson Elementary. When they returned the school had been completely rebuilt. The main entrance to the school was now located on Beardsley Street.

Gracw W Perkins
In 1992 the school was once again rebuilt and modernized. This time the students remained on site while the reconstruction was completed in phases. The school was renamed in honor of a very distinguished former principal. The community was very supportive in renaming the school after Ms. Perkins who had been principal from 1968 to 1972. Mr. Perkins, her husband, is in the center of the photograph.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2020 Intrado Corporation. All rights reserved.